cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with dispatchers after upgrading to SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just updated our productive environment to IdM 7.1 SP5. Apparantly everything works as expected, but for some reason the provisioning queue is just growing and growing. Jobs and provisionings are not executed. When checking the dispatchers, they seem to be running, and the "Last requested" timestamp is updated as normally. I log on to the server and stop and start the dispatcher. Then the provisioning queue is starting to be processed - but only for a few minutes. Then everything stalls again and I ahve to stop/start the dispatcher once again. The same thing happens: Everything performs just fine for a few minutes, then it stalls again.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

This is a very serious issue for us, since we cannot stop/start the dispatchers in the productive environment every two minutes

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi

Thank you very much. you desrve some points for this one

Lahcen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi Kronvold

I am having the same issue with the dispatchers stalling after few minutes or provisioning and i have to restart them.

Can you please share with me what you did to fix this?

Thanks a lor

Lahcen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahcen

SAP gave us a new jar file called mxopenspml.jar. After replacing the existing jar-file with this one, the problem was solved for all the java provisionings. On the ABAP side some things were also changed by recommendation from SAP, but I was not quite as involved in this part of the problem, so I cannot give you any detailed information. My advise for you and anyone else who experience similar problems would be to contact SAP and have them deliver the same changes, that they gave us. I believe it will be part of the next SP - I believe I saw somewhere that SP6 might be released W29.

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a checkbox for automatic startup of dispatcher under Managemant\Dispatchers\<name of the dispatcher>

also check the value for check frequency and reload frequency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error has been corrected by SAP now (partly at least). After upgrading to the latest patch on SP5 an error in a JAR file was introduced. The file was used when provisioning to Java-systems. SAP has made some corrections to the JAR-file and now it works.

So... If any of you experience the same error - where jobs are not completing/not run by dispatchers, you might have the same error. I expect that SAP will release the jar-file changes with the next patch for SP5.

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

We still seem to have some problems on the ABAP side though, but not quite as serious as we saw prior to the jar-file update

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi,

What happens if you start the dispatcher in test mode and let it run for a bit? You might pick up some information there. You might also look at piping the disparcher output to a file as well.

Go to the command prompt and enter <dispatcher name>.bat TEST

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information: We have installed SP5 patch level 4 (downloaded on May 11)