Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

upgrade oracle 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5

Hi Experts ,

Can any one provide me how to upgrade oracle 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5 , what is the patch set and how to install... sap note also..if do u have any document so plz provide me...

Thanks

Dharmesh

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi my friend,

At the first step, find the package by searching "51040057_3" ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.5 Windows Server on IA32 32bit or "51040057_4" ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.5 Windows Server on x64 64bit, under service.sap.com/swdc, regarding your installation. You can find the installation instructions in the installation package.

After the respectful installation, apply OPatch patch "OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip", under "service.sap.com/swdc -> Software downloads -> Database patches -> Oracle -> Oracle 10.2.0.5". This is a copy and paste operation on existing opatch folder.

Then, as I noted in my previous message, download the patch (under "Database RDBMS"), named "10205_Patch08_MSWIN-x86-64.zip" file and apply the instructions, step by step and very carrefully. You can find this file in the patch zip file.

Don't forget to apply "generic" patches at the end of the Patch08 installation. You can find these files at the same level with patch08.

At the beginning of the installation, do not forget to take a backup of your system.

I hope that I clarified the issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question