cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade oracle 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can any one provide me how to upgrade oracle 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5 , what is the patch set and how to install... sap note also..if do u have any document so plz provide me...

Thanks

Dharmesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmesh,

Go to service.sap.com/swdc -> Software downloads -> Database patches -> Oracle -> Oracle 10.2.0.5

Choose the suitable platform and download. Unzip the file, open readme.HTML and apply the steps very carefully. All the details have been noted in this document.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks buddy, for valuable reply , i need for windows . but i dont know which one is the patch for upgrade...I am new in Basis (DBA) , there are databse RDBMS, Database Vault. , which one is the Patch , still i am searching ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend,

At the first step, find the package by searching "51040057_3" ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.5 Windows Server on IA32 32bit or "51040057_4" ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.5 Windows Server on x64 64bit, under service.sap.com/swdc, regarding your installation. You can find the installation instructions in the installation package.

After the respectful installation, apply OPatch patch "OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip", under "service.sap.com/swdc -> Software downloads -> Database patches -> Oracle -> Oracle 10.2.0.5". This is a copy and paste operation on existing opatch folder.

Then, as I noted in my previous message, download the patch (under "Database RDBMS"), named "10205_Patch08_MSWIN-x86-64.zip" file and apply the instructions, step by step and very carrefully. You can find this file in the patch zip file.

Don't forget to apply "generic" patches at the end of the Patch08 installation. You can find these files at the same level with patch08.

At the beginning of the installation, do not forget to take a backup of your system.

I hope that I clarified the issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmesh

You can also find some more relevant information in below mentioned Note.

SAP Note No. 871735

Oracle patch set 10.2.0.5 is available as a DVD download at

SAP Service Marketplace https://service.sap.com/oracle-download.

Hope it helps

Venkat