Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - "Copy local DC into Track"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do advice on BPM DCs-

How to copy local BPM DC into Track. - I have created new process DC on track and replaced SRC folder with local dc. I observed that service group not copied, data types missed in Data Types folder and showing up lot of errors in process. Later as per the given thread, I have copied entire local DC (instead of src folder) into DI workspace, but I couldnot able to find copied DC under Software component of track in Development Infrastructure..to do 'Add to Source Control'.

Reg. targetNamespace - I have created a Service Interface with targetNamespace and xmlns:tns of develop system from sap default one example.org Issue here is, how targetNamespace and xmlns:tns will impact while moving into quality & prod systems. What is the stanadard process to define targetNamespace and xmlns:tns, is there any impact if I changed to example.org

Please do advice on above two issues to fix.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Understood your problem. Please follow the below mentioned procedure to resolve the issue.

Assuming that you have a Same Process Composer DC in your Local Environment which is able to build and deploy successfully.

1) Open your NWDS-Development Infrastructure Perspective, and expand the Local Development--> My Components

2) Here right-click Copy your BPM Process Composer DC that you desire to migrate into a track.

3) Now, Load your development Configurations in your NWDS.

4) Expand Track --> and just Left click on the Track SC. (Sometimes when you right click the Paste option is disabled)

5) Now, Right-Click the Track SC and Paste the BPM-DC here.

6) Once the DC is copied inside the Track SC, then select the same BPM DC inside the Track.

7) Open the "Permissions" tab and remove the "MyComponent" SC persmission and instead add the Track SC to the permission list.

😎 Now, open the Dependencies tab and click on "Resolve All" button.

(Here, If you get an Error like "not all the dependencies could be resolved" then your your SC is missing the build-time dependencies.

Please refer to the 3rd reply from me in thread for resolving the issue.

9) Once all the dependencies are resolved, you have to right the BPM DC and select "Create Project Structure" option.

10) After Creating the project structure Right click the BPM DC in track and from the Context menu click on "Add to Source Control" option.

11) As a result of this action you'll be ask to create an Activity. Create it and Check-In the activity from Open Activities view.

12) After successful Check-In operation, Activate the Activity from Activation view.

13) After successful Activation operation, Release the Activity from Transport view.

14) from CMS Web UI, inside Transport Studio import the activity into Consolidation.

15) Ans finally Assemble the SCA inside Assembly tab.

I Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya