dynamically change a variant
We've developed a program with ONLY one input field: date.
Because we have to run this program against too many discrete dates, so it is too hard to create all variants before hand.
Is there a way to do this:
1) at SM37, run a pre-defined variant for this program;
2) after above run is done, select the job, select "change",
3) change the variant name (e.g. from 20110101 to 20110102) ,
4) We hope above name change can automatically create a variant with a date "20110102" .
Is there any way to make step 4) happen? In other word, can the variant content be changed by
changing the variant's name?
This will save us tons of time. Becasue if we pre-define thousands of varaints
1) it is time consuming to create them;
2) even looking for the right variant to run at SM37 will be very hard -- since the list is too long;
3) very easy to make mistake since the list is too long.
Therefore we want above improvement very much.
Thanks a lot!
Sandra Rossi replied
that's impossible to setup a parameter with the variant name without coding. Moreover, it does not really make sense. Maybe you should explain more about what is your real requirement. Something that would maybe fit your requirement is to use variant variables (for example, one variant where your date parameters equals "current date"). I give you the documentation link so that you can see the possibilities : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c0/980398e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/frameset.htm