cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add 1 more column in standard portal UWL and map the values.

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one issue/requirement, please help me out on that also.

In portal UWL, i want to add one more column TICKET ID COLUMN, and ticket id value I will be putting as work item ID of abap Workflow, so whenever approver opens his portal UWL, in first column i want to show ticket ID say 00012345, so how to add this ticket ID column in standard portal UWL and how to put/map value of work item in that column.

My idea behind this is, when ever say employee wants to know the status about his ticket ID, he can simply ask his manager regarding the ticket status by referring to that ticket ID which manager can easily find in his portal UWL in that extra TICKET ID COLUMN .

Do I have to change anything in SAP inbox also ? Do i have to add 1 more colum in sap R/3 inbox also ? and will adding 1 more colum in sap inbox (R/3 inbox), will create automatically one more ticket ID colum in portal UWL also ?

please let me know , as i do not want to add 1 extra column in R/3 inbox, just i want in portal UWL extra ticket ID column should come and i want to put workitem ID generated at the start of workflow, in that colum in portal UWL

please help me on this.

Thanks...

Edited by: User Satyam on May 29, 2011 6:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

These are called custom attributes. Here is a powerpoint that may be able to assist you with the documentation that the other poster gave you too.

Always remember too when you make a change on the backend R/3 side, you must reregister your UWL connector. And yes, the column must be available on the backend R/3 side. We can't create on the fly columns in the UWL, that have no reference to the backend system in this case.

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant II

AGS Primary Support

Global Support Centre Ireland

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***