cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO mandatory in case of advance payment to vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We want to implement new practise in our system that all downpayments to vendors should must be made with refrence to Purchase Order. My question is how can we achieve this functionality in System. Expert's reply is awaited.

Br

Zohaib Hassan Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

How about making PO field mandatory for posting key of down payment as you are saying that you want to make PO field mandatory in every area where down payments are made. This will work. Check it in OB41 for further configuration. Also check in OBC4 for recon account status.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

This looks to me a great idea. Let me just check it out.

Br

Zohaib Hassan Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, posting key sounds good, but there are some issues.

If you use posting key 29,21, also DPR(39). Then you need to make required field PO for them.

So, what about reversing old documents,39- appear while reversing 29,

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

I think for a major change in process there will be no harm if you have to reverse the down payment requests which are just notional (have no financial impacts). It is entirely a managerial decision to go ahead with new process improvements or to just linger on with obsolete and control lacking methods.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,you can use validation for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is there any other way of doing so. I mean can i do it in some other way because i want to make it mandatory in every area where down payments to vendors are made.

Br

zohaib hassan khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,as I said before you can write validation in ob28,eg in prerequisites you can put doc type,transaction=ABZU, special g/l indicator<>'blank' etc

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In F-47 make the field purchase document as mandatory .

this can be done by using the screen varient method - SHD0 .

cheers ,

Dewang