Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range error for some materials when converting into Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I need some help with my error.

When trying to convert planned orders into production orders, I receive an error message saying Internal assignment not defined for number range XX.

The strange part is that is only happening for two materials! Material type is the same one we always use.

The planned orders have also the same type.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check what is the production order type and check if the number range is maintianed agaist the order type in order type defination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The two materials with the error are using the same order type than the others, also they have same material type than the others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for these 2 materials system is selecting the order type for which external number range is marked and ingternal number range is switched off.

Can you go to CO01 and create a production order for these materials directly w/o assigning order type on intial screen. check which order type is detrmined by system and check its number range in co86.

please check.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your answers, I solved my problem:

Both materials had a BOM with a external procurement material, with a wrong item category (non stock item instead of stock item)

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for these two materials, MRP view is not properly maintained so the system cannot find the valid production order type.

- Check MRP Group (MRP1) for the difference beween the one that can open the orders with those can't

- Check production schedule profile (Work scheduling 1)

- Check production scheduler.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Please check the transaction codes CO82,clicks on the groups,check that the the particular order types is being allocated to

in group.

Thx

Bhupendra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the no. range assign to the order type and also check the interval range.

Regards

Vinod

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Paola,

please run t-code CO82 , then go Groups and find out your prod.order type there - make sure that interval for that order type is set correctly.

goto the Intervals (the same transaction) and make sure that particular interval exists.

good luck!