Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not updated in offline approval

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All-

I have an issue in offline approval in SRM 7.0 . Program- /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND has been scheduled to send email for offline approval and approver receives the mail. When the approver clicks on Approve By Email button, a new email opens with some Guid informations and approver clicks on send button to send the mail.

I am seeing the inbound mail recived by SAP in SOIN -tcode or via In Utilities-Inbox Overview in SCOT. The problem is, the workitem is still in ready status and not changed to complete status.

I havent scheduled the inbound program- /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET as per SAP library and other SDN posts. I have maintained the following in SCOT (Under Settings-> Inbound processing)

Internet mail xxxx@ xxx.com ( Mail id) ICS /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND 3.

My doubt is, do we need to schedule the inbound program or any other program, so SAP will decode the data and update the workflow? or is it enough to maintain the above SCOT settings?

Please clarify above things and help me on how to update the workflow

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need the program to be scheduled to update the status.. Please go through the below thread..

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks fior the reply Saravanan. So it is not required to schedule the program for inbound processing. I did same and maintained the exit name as /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND in SCOT, but still the workitem status is ready.

Any other config is required?

Vinoth

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look at the following offline approval documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/31/47c6cb8e9249f2bc29444212e4704a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think some other configuration is required to update the status.. once you see the status back to SCOT-utilities-inbound overview.. the class will automatically update the status.. make sure you have given the following roles to SAPConnect user..

/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ricardo and Saravanan. I am working on this and waiting for roles to assign. In the mean time, i have scheduled the prog- /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET and if i approve from outlook, it is updating the status to WF.

Is there any issue, if i use this inbound program in SRM 7.0?

Also, when i approve from outlook, the mail contents (GUID and other technical informations) is in editable mode. As per my client, it should be in disable mode, so the approver will not change the mail contents. I am not able to find the solution for this. Please provide your inputs.

PS: I am using Application Controlled WF

Vinoth