Costing for Configural material ( MTO Secenerio )
Sales Order costing for the assembly casting happening between the plants 1110 and 1130 which belongs to same company code . let me explain you the scenario which is as follows :
Basically there 3 different types of finished castings :
1. Special finished Casting u2013 which is a configurable material . this casting is saleable as well as can be used for manufacturing machined castings. This casting is been manufactured at plant : 1110 only. The planning strategy maintained is 25 (make to order with configurable material)
2. Machined Casting u2013 this is also an configurable finished material which can be sold as well as can be used as an BOM for manufacturing Assembly castings. This casting gets manufactured at plant : 1130 only. The planning strategy maintained is 25 (make to order with configurable material)
3. Assembly casting : this is also an configurable finished material which is always saleable. This casting gets manufactured at plant : 1130 only. The planning strategy maintained is 25 (make to order with configurable material)
Scenario which is as follows :
1. Customer gives the PO for assembly casting at 1110 plant code.
2. Therefore Plant : 1110 will generate the stock transfer order to 1130 for assembly castings
3. For manufacturing of assembly castings in 1130, the plant needs to manufacture Machined castings in 1130 plant and for
manufacturing machined castings in plant 1130 , the plant requires special castings which is been manufactured at 1110 plant.
4. So, firstly Special castings will get manufactured at 1110 plant with the reference of assembly sales order .
5. After that stock transfer for special castings will be done from 1110 to 1130 plant .
6. Then customer would start manufacturing machined castings
7. And then finally manufacture assembly casting
8. Finally assembly castings will get transferred from 1130 to 1110 plant for sale
9. Sale of assembly castings from 1110 plant respectively.
Touch points of the scenario:
1. Cost of special casting and machined castings should get rolled up to the assembly castings
2. These needs to be executed in MTO scenario only because of variant configuration
3. While doing the stock transfer, the cost should include transfer pricing as well
Problem Statement :
1. We understand that for configurable material , you cannot run the standard cost estimate, therefore the material master price with price control u201CSu201D is always zero. So when do the stock transfer from of assembly cast or special cast for one plant to another then cost update happening at both the plants is zero.
Please advice me, to resolve above critical scenerio meeting requirement, is their any configuration missing