cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 Information Design Tool For Multiple BW Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create one universe with using 2 bw query, I'm creating new olap connection and publishing it to repository via Information design tool after that when i try to create data foundation layer i cant see any available connection. Why is that?

On the other hand when i tried to create a business layer I'm getting "The connection is not available" error.

Can't I design an universe using two different BW Query like creating multiple-source universes.

On the other hand when i am trying to create olap connection there is just NetWeaver BICS connection option. Should i install or activate something to see BAPI Connection option.

We are working on BI 4.0 SP1 Patch 03 and BW is 7.0.1 EhP1.

Thanks

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar problem using MultiSource DataFoundation on IDT

Creating two different connection under the same Project:

OLAP : BICS on SAP BW

RELATIONAL: MS ACCES

when i try to create a Multi Source DataFoundation on IDT the system doesn't list any BICS Connection (SAP BW), only Relational Connection.

Can you help me to understand?

Thanks in advance.

Luca Fatigati

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understand, It's not possible to create multi-source universes with Bex Queries or OLAP Source.

With IDT you can create a connection to bex query or olap data source and publish thus you can use it for reports.

With IDT you arent able to create business layer or data foundation on top of OLAP sources.

or with Universe Designer Tool( the old designer) you can create universe like you do with XI 3.1. You'll be able edit objects, dimension names, creating custom hierarchies and create custom measure objects via using MDX.

Creating Universes on top multiple data sources with IDT is only possible if datasources are relational. i.e MSSQL and Oracle.

Otherwise you need to use Data Federator like old style, and you can connect to BW and RDBMS and create universe.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c05314bb-e5a3-2e10-0e81-9e5a2db58...

This document goes into detail of the possibilities of creating Multi-source enabled relational universes and direct access for SAP BEx queries via BICS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Check this topic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In IDT , you are getting the message "the connection is not supported" because the BAPI connection feature has been removed from BI4.0 SP01 it will not be possible anymore to create dimensional universes (UNX) using

the BAPI connection onto SAP BW. Now the best way would be through a BICS connectivity created in IDT , to be used directly from the reporting tools.

If you have succesfully create the BICS connction, this connection should then be used directly in the reporting tools, either in In teractive Analysis or in WebIntelligence, but a BICS connection cannot be used to create a Business Layer.