Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ESS standard Application modification

Hello,

We are on ERP 6.0 EHP4.

We have got ESS and MSS implemented. Applications are working fine now.

However user has not yet reverted with any modification on standard one...but still I need to find out on how I can make changes to existing standard applications.

Below are places where it could be done...according to me :

1. Make service specific settings.

Here it is possible to hide fields and show new fields based on existing infotypes. These settings are done in R/3 SPRO Tcode.....

2. Iview Personalization.

Here you can make necessary changes in UI presentation/layout. Making fields disabled or readonly. These are done in portal PCD....

3. FPM modification.

you have to use Self services administrator role here. This is a separate business package which you need to get from SAP.

Please comment on whether my findings are correct ?

Secondly do I need NWDS to modify on any part of existing applications. Can anybody give 1 example where I need to modify WD Java code/view.

Is Self Services Administrator role free from SAP if you have already purchased ESS/MSS Self-Services Package.

I read an article which is below :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification

However I do not feel it is now applicable for our Business package version.

Can anybody throw a light on ...if I am missing out on something......

Former Member
Former Member replied

NWDI can be installed together with portal and other systems. Most of the times we would install it on a separate system. When we install in on separate system, with out license it will run only for trial period with is 30 days I believe.

You should be able to see the license info from here

http://<host>:<port>/monitoring/SystemInfo

The url is not obsolete, its useful, I believe once u do modification it will appear.

Have a look at this thread, how one of the user used for his enhancement for adding/showing new field on portal.

Any way to add fields to ESS screen without coding?

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question