cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street Input Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained Regions, Cities and streets for a specific country, when creating new individual account in Interaction Center 7, the input help for streets does not return any results and there are some search criteria in the input help that I dont know how to disable them like(Hs NO.:Lower limit, Hsnr: Upper limit, HSNO.supp:lower limit, HsNo.supp upper limit). although in SAP GUI, the input help of streets show available streets.

Also the input help for streets doesnot appear by default, first I have to specify the region then changing partner category from person to organization and then from organization to person!!

Any idea why streets are not shown in the input help and how to activate the input help by default?

Regards,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I remember

search help on street's field is based on "postal code - street" table view. If you don't maintain any postal codes, so there won't be any results. We've enhanced this field to use only street table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

how did u enhanced this field to show the street only?

Also did u find any work around to show the input help of streets by default?

regards,

Ahmed

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Ahmed. I've made a mistake.

Search help on street's field in IC is based on value help CRM_ADDR_STREET. Everything should be fine with it. Check in SE11 does it return any results or not.

To disable any fields (e.g. Hs NO.:Lower limit, Hsnr: Upper limit, HSNO.supp:lower limit, HsNo.supp upper limit) you need to enhance GET_V_STREET method of STRUCT.STREET field on ICCMP_BP_DETAIL/BuPaCreate view.

For example, you can create your own code based on the method CL_CRM_IC_BP_VALUE_HELP=>GET_VHELP_FOR_STREET. And in there redefine

CREATE OBJECT rv_valuehelp_descriptor

statement to create value help with your own help id (for example ZCRM_ADDR_STREET, which will be a copy of CRM_ADDR_STREET value help, but without certain fields (e.g.HOUSENUM_H, HOUSENUM_L, HSN_SUPP_H, HSN_SUPP_L)).

So, in this way you'll get a value help without unnecessary fields.

Value help for street's field in general is available only when you've entered the country for which regional structure is active. In standard when you start creating new account there is no country yet. So there won't be any search field on street field.

It's because the mentioned above method (GET_V_STREET) checks is regional structure active or not.

lv_reg_struc_acrtive = cl_crm_uiu_bp_cust_get=>check_regional_strucutre( iv_mode = iv_mode
                                                                          iv_index = iv_index ).
CHECK lv_reg_struc_active = 'X'.

What you can do is:

1. prepopulate default country for which regional structure is active.

2. enhance mentioned method to activate value help without checking regional structure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

that problem sounds to me like a bug that has to be fixed by SAP Support. If you don't have any problems using the search help in the BP transaction then the WebUI should work the same way. Please raise an support message and let us know about the progress.

Best regards

Gregor