Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate GL Entries

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Required feedback from Gurus on the GL entries.

Create a rebate agreement and when saving invoice system book the provision and post the following entry.

Rebate Expense Dr. $100

Rebate Payable Cr. $100

When at the end of the month user wants to post the credit memo by partial settlement, lets assume that he is posting accural of $70. The following entry is generated at the time of the posting.

Customer Cr. $70

Rebate Payable Dr. $70

Rebate Expense Dr. $70

Rebate Expense Cr. $70

Now If I want to run the final settlement I required that system only post the entry what left in the agreement.

Customer Cr. $30

Rebate Payable Dr. $30 but system cant post the required entry, and post the following entry that is not correct

Customer Dr $ 70

Rebate payable Cr $70

Looking forward for the gurus response.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please re-check with user and confirm,

> Whether partial rebate settlement has been passed on to accounts

> Whether it deducted the net accrual from 100 to 30 in your agreement before doing final settlement

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear P Gomatheeswaran,

<Whether partial rebate settlement has been passed on to accounts> Yes, during partial settlement credit memo is generated of $70, now in the agreement $30 accural standing only.

<Whether it deducted the net accrual from 100 to 30 in your agreement before doing final settlement> Yes Dear, as communicated above now in the agreement only $30 accural is standing.

Pls look into this, looking heartly for your feedback, so that required entry can be made.

Yes I have created a different pricing procedure for the credit memo, because in my standard system tax is also coming at the time of credit memo which is not required, and i think thats OK, same account key and accural keys are there.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear P Gomatheeswaran adn Gurus,

Any update.

Regards,

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the 6th point in the link below:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/REBATESTROUBLESHOOTING|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/REBATESTROUBLESHOOTING]

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear P Gomatheeswaran,

Thanks for the response. but points 6 cant match with my problem.

Looking for your feedback if there is any other related document.

Looking forward for gurus feedback.

Regards,

Imran khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Are you using standard rebates or extended rebates processing? from what transaction code are you doing this settlment? pls let me know so I can get more insight on this one.

Thanks

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

VB01 my friend.

Thanks for the response.

Hope to hear you soon.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check what the Payment procedure under Manual Payment settings of the Agreement type config? Try changing it to 'B' & also ensure the final settlement invoice type is specified in that config.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vish.

I will update you tomorrow, currently training session is in progress.

I update you the current status, by end to end, along with the issues. Hope that will clear picture to you.

Hope you will assist me in this regard,

regards,

Thanks.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vish.

I have created a rebate agreement on qty basis, at the time of invoice system calculate the rebate in the invoicing condition, and along with normal entry also post the following entry.

rebate expense Dr. $10

rebate payable Cr. $10

actual mechanism of the condition is coming like this,

PR00 $100

MWST 10% $10

Value including tax $110

Rebate base $100

BO03 $10 (this will generate the above mention entry of rebate expense and rebate payable)

For above all my pricing procedure is ZXYZ

Now i go to rebate agreemetn and see the accural value system show me the correct value $10 in the "Max Amount field" and in amount to be paid i input $6 and save the document, system automatically generate the credit memo request.

In credit memo request i change the pricing procedure little bit becasue other wise it also call MWST will create problem while saving invoice so for that issue i made another pricing procedure and in that pricing procedure only input the BO03 condition type. line appear like this.

BO03 requirement 24, AccK ERU, Accru ERU

Till now every thing is ok, and when I post the credit memo, system generate the following entry that is OK.

Customer Cr. $6

Rebate Expense Dr. $6

Rebate Expense Cr. $6

Rebate Payable Dr. $6

till nowevery entry is fine.

now issue arise and required your expertise, if i am going to close the agreemetn or lets say run the final settlemt, i need that if there is any amount laying in the accural system only consider that and at the time of closing credit the customer by that value, in our case it is $4.

But when i go to rebate agreemnt and after changing the status to B run the final settlemt, system only shows me the value that i have already booked through credit memo., my procedure is same.

it automatically not credit the customer by remaining value although in the condition two lines are appeared with BO03 and second is same with BO03, in below line it show me the remaining value $4. a very strange behavior.

Please suggest how in the condition system only consider the remaining value, did it required an other procedure.??

or how.

Pls feel free to ask if have any query.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Futher to my last post, pls incorporate the same as well.

initially i post credit memoof the partial amount using functionality of the partial settlemt, now the rebate rates are change and for the same i want to close the agreeemtn, so for the same i run the final settlement.

Regards

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Pl check in the rebate agreement type config whether "Reverse accruals" indicator has been set or not. If not, pl set it and try again.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear P Gomatheeswaran,

yes it is set, thats why when i go for partial settlement its only show me the remaining accural value.

All problem exits when i go for the final settlement than system create two lines in the conditions, first line with amount i have already paid and second line which accural still not paid.

as mentioned in my previous email.

Please do also suggest me the SAP standard entry at the time of final settlement. I have already communicate the two entries that is fine and ok, but require the standard entry of the final settlemt credit memo as well.

Apart from this is there any report that i should update for the status update of the rebate, some tcode.. like that.

Regards,

Edited by: Imran Khan on Jun 10, 2011 5:57 PM

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vish. and gurus,

A detail scenario already posted for your consideration, regarding the gl entries.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Every one.

Its very cruciual for me and looking for the gurus response.

Regards,