Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar02 Docs to be called from ECC Trasanctions Menu -> Application Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As mentioned in subject, please guide me for the following:

1. Process Docs are stored in Solar01 in SolMan.

2. This Doc Type has status schema attached to it. So whenever a document is in status 'Released' it should be available for publishing.

3. Whenever end user runs any transaction like VA01 and needs any help then he can go to Menu --> Application Help in same transaction (VA01) and the linked document should get opened from SolMan - Solar01.

Any knowledge on this or project experiences, please share how this can be achieved.

Regards,

Suchit Malia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am re-triggering this thread with a hint that we can use Help Center for achieving this requirement. Doen anyone of you have used Help Center ever or can share any config guide, etc.

Thanks.

Suchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this isn't what you're looking for but the partner product Ancile uPerform (formerly RWD) does the context sensitive help from ECC. You still maintain the help documentation in SolMan. And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with Ancile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I second this. uP is one of the best out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchit,

There is currently no way to automatically link a solar document to the Menu --> Application Help of any transaction. You should organize your project adding all the necessary documents to the same node as the step which contains the transaction.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your point and that we have been following from years. End Users generally don't get sccess to SolMan and accessing documents from Application Help of ECC is simplest way to do..

Experts, please advice how this can be achieved..if not through std.. then how w/ minimum involvement of development.

Regards,

Suchit Malia