There are 17 company codes and 7 different Categories as below

(1) Goods Receipt

(2) Return To Vendor

(3) Sales

(4) Enternal Transfer

(5) Internal Transfer

(6) Write Off

(7) Inverntory Difference

Right now based on the ticket we are running the background job, i mean it is periodic, {17 (company codes) * 7 (Categories)} = 119 different Job,

My project managers requirement is to handle the issue effectively by proposing a alternative.

As per my Understanding can we go for a Z Program which can run in the background periodically and the output can be downloaded based on the categories.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Nayak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Thanks for the response.

My requirement is to automated all the 119 jobs

Means I have 17 C Codes and I have 7 different categories data. Data is coming through Interface and hitting SAP system .

So currently we are running 119 jobs to fatch the data.

Please help us so that we will not run 119 jobs.

regards

Nayak

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayak,

I still don't understand why you need 119 jobs. Are you talking about jobs loading data to SAP or the jobs reporting data from SAP? In any case I don't see why it can't be done in one single job with one single step - either generating accounting documents using the BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST (in the first case) or one single read of BSIS/BSAS sorting the fetched records into the corresponding cells of the Z-table (one record per comp. code and 7 data fields in the record).

Please clarify if you are talking about the upstream process (to SAP) or downstream process and why do you need 119 jobs.

BR

Raf

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayak,

I am not sure what your job is supposed to do. Total the FI postings by these 7 categories?

In such case I would suggest defining a Z table with the company code as the key field and the 7 categories as data fields. Then your nightly job can fill in this table, so that next morning your users can list it using a simple query.

You might want to also add the current date as a key field of the Z table, so that you can keep the results over several days. You might also consider running on the tables BSIS and BSAS instead of BKPF-BSEG. If you know the account numbers posted for each category, this will speed up the jobs.

BR

Raf