cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise the PR through project with unknown item category "U"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In my business process, i have raised the PR's through the projects. at the time of material assignment we need to give the item category N or L .But at the time of material assignment to the activity,whether third party sale or local sale is not decide .it's only decide at the time of PO creation .is there any options or configuration process to assign the unknown item category at the material assignment the PROJECT?

Regards

Bhavani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For such a requirement you should consider using the material planning field in the assignment tab on the network activity - please search forum for more help on the material planning field and how to activate it is this is not currently showing in your set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Virendar,

With the material planning field we can plan the cost of the material.But here my requirement is assign materials with unknown item category , at the time of PO i can change as per the purchasing.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Item category available is either N or L. I don't think there is any U available.

If you are referring account assignment in PR. for project it should Q, P or N. U is not for project.

What is the purpose of assigning / planning materials in your project during the initial stage?, is it for cost planning? if it is only for cost planning then follow what Virendra has recommended.

Please also read sap help on Material in Projects.