Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limits

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

.when iam maintaining total credit limit under central data that is not reflected in the sale order. The system is picking the credit Limit under status tab

how can i control the Total amount to be reflected in the sale order

Please help

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

siva,

Please explain the issue clearly, do u mean to say that the sales order created for the customer is not going for a block even after the maximum limit of that sales order is exceeded?

regards

Ilango

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

llango,

how to make the system check the total credit limit instead the Credit limit maintained in status tab.

I have given Total Limit as Rs.10,000 and Rs.1000 in Status tab

which Limit the system checks

presently it is checking Rs.1000

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

CREDIT LIMIT in Status overview

Credit limit is the value against which credit is checked by the system.

PLEASE NOTE SYSTEM CHECK CREDIT LIMIT AGAINST THE VALUE MAINTAINED IN CREDIT LIMIT FIELD IN STATUS TAB.

THIS IS HOW STANDARD SYSTEM WORKS.

If you want value of Total amount to be considered then maintain the same value in credit limit in status tab.

TOTAL AMOUNT

Total amount is the maximum credit limit which can be awarded to the customer including all credit control areas.

For Ex.

Suppose you have 2 CCA 1000 and 2000 Total amount you give here is $100000.

Then, sum of credit limit in both CCA cannot be more than $100000.

INDIVIDUAL LIMIT

Individual limit is the maximum credit limit which can be given to the customer in that particular CCA for that particular customer.

For Ex.

Suppose you have 2 CCA 1000 and 2000 Total amount you give here is $100000.

And Individual amount for 1000 - $70000

2000 - $50000

Note: Individual amount cannot be higher than Total amount.

In this case you can give max Credit to the customer in CCA 1000 is upto $70000 and for CCA 2000 is upto $50000 but the sum of credit limit in both CCA cannot exceed $100000.

Hope this clears your understanding.

Regards

Mayank

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Mayank,

Thank you for your Inputs

Suppose say my Total limit for Particular customer is-10,000

and howd i maintain Individual limits for two control areas and total limit and where.

Siva

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

For Ex. you are using 2 CCA 1000 and 2000.

If your total limit for particular customer is $10,000,

then you can maintain individual limit for each credit control area in FD32

In FD32 enter your customer X and CCA 1000

in Central data you can maintain Total limit = $10,000

and in individual limit value can be up to $10,000 but not more than $10,000. Lets say you maintain individual limit as $8,000

in Credit limit field in Status tab you can maintain the any value upto $8,000 but not more than $8,000 cause you have maintained individual limit for this credit control area as $8,000.

For another credit control area go to FD32 enter Customer X and CCA 2000

in central data tab total limit will automatically appear as $10,000 as this applicable for all CCA for this customer.

here also You can maintain individual limit upto $10,000 suppose you maintain here as $10,000.

In credit limit field in status tab you cannot maintain value more than $2,000 because your total limit is $10,000 and you have already assigned credit limit $8,000 in CCA 1000 so you are left with $2,000.

If u try to give the value more than $2,000 system will give error message.

hope this clarifies your understanding.

regards

Mayank

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

The clarification is given by Mayank.

That will solve your issue/doubt.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal Charles

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

Please confirm whether which Credit Limit the systems considers while Creating sales order

Total credit limit

individual credit limit

Credit limit at staus Tab

Siva

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Its credit limit manitained in the STATUS Tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

Thank you for Inputs

Then how can i control Total Credit Limit for a customer

Suppose say i maintain Individual limit in status tab as 7000 and Total limit as 10000

System only cheks and shows 7000 but it does not show any message for 10,000

how do i control

Siva

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

The 'TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT & INDIVIDUAL CREDIT LIMIT' need to maintained if you have multiple credit control areas.

If your company code have only one credit control area, then the value maintained as the credit limit in the STATUS TAB alone will serve your purpose.

Now imagine you have 2 credit control areas 1000 & 2000 and the credit master data is maintained for both the credit control areas for a customer.

Now if business decides that the total credit that can be given to the customer across the two credit control areas (1000 & 2000 combined ) is 10000. but the individual limits are 7000 in 1000 ccarea and 3000 in 2000 ccarea.

In that case, while maintaining the FD32 for the customer in credit control area 1000, we can give TOTAL LIMIT as 10000 and individual limit as 7000 and maintain the same 7000 in the status tab.

So, while maintaining the FD32 for the customer in credit control area 2000, we have to give TOTAL LIMIT as 10000 and individual limit as 3000 and maintain the same 3000 in the status tab.

Hope it is clear to you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

yes you are right presently ive been doing the same

but while creating sale order, system checking only status tab it does not anywhere checking Total credit limit

Then whats the use of maintaining Total Credit Limit is it only for Stastical Purpose

Siva

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Only the rates in the status tab will be considered.

As per my knowledge, the values which can be entered in the TOTAL / INDIVIDUAL Credit Limits are for statistical purpose.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

Thank you very much

All my mails are for this answer only

as presently to my client i have been maintaining Credit limit under status tab only

But i got a requirement from management that how can we control Total credit Limit for a single customer with 8 credit control areas and same reflecting while creating sale order

Siva

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Configuration :

In OVFL* you have to maintain the credit control areas against the respective sales areas.

*check the Tcode: currently i have no access to SAP.

it is the assignment of sales area to credit control area.

understand the following things from business

whether the business will be giving a credit for the customer which can be utilized in all the 8 credit control areas.

ie,for example, total amount of 80000 and each credit control area having credit limit as

CCAREA1 :12000

CCAREA2 :8000

CCAREA3 :12000

CCAREA4 :8000

CCAREA5 :12000

CCAREA6 :8000

CCAREA7 :12000

CCAREA8 :8000

In that case maintain FD32 against each credit control area with the respective credit limit in the status bar

For the analysis purpose, you can give 80000 as the total amount (for all the credit control areas) and

for first credit control area individual amount will be 12000.

for the second credit control area individual amount will be 8000

and so on....

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

If you want to use single credit limit for all CCA then why you are using multiple CCAs.

Still if for some reason you want to use single credit limit for a particular customer for all credit control areas.

I will suggest to maintain the credit master for that customer in only one CCA and assign this CCA in Customer master Sales area data for all customer sales area. then system will refer on this CCA while doing credit check.

i think this should solve your requirement.

regards

Mayank

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

Is there any exit that checks Total credit Limit while creating sale Order.

Siva

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Please find the following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/15/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the T-Code OVA8 and check the corresponding Checks means whether it is Dynamic check

Maintain the Reaction C or D and Tick the Status / block

Plz check both way {C or D} i think u will get the solution

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Please go through the below thread

and let us know if you need any more clarification.

Regards

Mayank