cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

we are planning a 3 system landscape here for ECC - DEV, QA and PROD. And a two system landscape for Content server - DEV and PROD.

I am planning to connect R/3 DEV and QA to DEV content server (2 different repositories) and R/3 PROD to PROD content server. Now, if i think about it, whenever i refresh R/3 QA with the R/3 PROD data, the document links in QA wouldnt make anymore because the data in DEV content server wouldnt match anymore. So does this mean I will also have to refresh the DEV content server with PROD content server everytime I refresh R/3? Is there an easier way out ?

Please advise as to what you all have seen or done in other projects.

thanks,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same scenario in the past and I did below things:

1) Dev and QA system connected to same content server but with different repositories.

2) Repository of QA system has same name as production server repository.

3) So, when we refresh QA from PRD then same content repository will come in the quality system, you just need to change content repository settings in QA system. After do the below step:

Relocating Using Export and Import

Ensure that no new data is saved to the affected repositories during the relocation procedure.

Use report RSCMSEX to export the repository.

Create a repository of the same name on the target content server and change the Customizing of the repository so that it points to the target content server.

Import the data into the target repository using report RSCMSIM.

Delete the relocated repositories from the source content server.

The program sapkprotp controls the export and import. sapkprotp is started on the application server by default. If required, you can start sapkprotp on the content server or on another server. To set this up, enter an RFC destination when starting the report. Set the path of the transport file relative to sapkprotp.

You should use this option if sapkprotp is not available on the application server (so far, sapkprotp is not available for AS/400). You should also use it if the content server is at a remote location, to avoid the data being transferred twice over the WAN.

Thanks

Sunny