Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the root of your orgchart. ORGCHART 3.0 LIVE

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I know in the forum exists many threads about this. But no help to solve my issue.

Let's...

I can't see to view my orgchart because the follow message:

Cannot find the root of your orgchart. The orgchart box may have been deleted or incorrectly specified, or no valid org structure can be found for the selected effective date. Please change the root of the chart or select another effective date.

In the Log i have:

10502. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML took: 28ms
10503. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.integration.sap.BuildingBlocks : null
10504. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - java.lang.NullPointerException
10505. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Hroci : null
10506. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - java.lang.NullPointerException
10507. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.data.paging.PageObject_Dynamic : executeSQL : java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
10508. 27 May 2011 18:50:48 WARN com.nakisa.Logger - ChartingProcessor : StartChart : Could not create nodes. Error message returned:Index: 0, Size: 0

I don't no whats happened.

Can anybody help-me?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Check out the following posts for answers which should resolve your issue.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

Are you able to search the listings? If not then your connection string, orgunit rooit ID or authentication may not be setup correctly. Ensure all have been configured as per the Admin guide.

Best regards,

Luke

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

The original problem is solved.

The Transport Package had not been done correctly.

But the message continues.

In the log i have:

363. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.troll.baseapp.Controller : : Controller.java, No value found for argument key: idLI
364. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:setorgchartdirectory [SAPOrgUnitOrgChart, null]. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor. Against controller OrgChartCtr
365. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:0
366. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:0
367. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML took: 221ms
368. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
369. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
370. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML took: 90ms
371. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
372. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
373. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML took: 63ms
374. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
375. 31 May 2011 11:42:00 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:1
376. 31 May 2011 11:42:01 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML took: 65ms
377. 31 May 2011 11:42:01 WARN com.nakisa.Logger - ChartingProcessor : StartChart : Could not create nodes. Error message returned:For input string: "True"
378. 31 May 2011 11:42:01 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - setorgchartdirectory on OrgChartAppEventProcessor took: 523ms

Whats meaning this parrameter: iDli???

Thanks for advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

I can't find anything on the SAP database for this but check out the below post.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

The only relevant log message is this one:

31 May 2011 11:42:01 WARN com.nakisa.Logger - ChartingProcessor : StartChart : Could not create nodes. Error message returned:For input string: "True"

However, this doesn't really help! I don't understand what the error message For input string: "True" represents and I've not seen it before.

Can you confirm the following configurations have been made:

- Security configuration

- SAP connection string

- Organization Structure root OrgUnit ID

Can you also confirm if any of the search listings work? If they do then your security configuration and SAP connections are okay.

Best regards,

Luke

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke. Thans again.

I think the problem is not in the security and in the SAP Connection String. I can view the Position List and the OrUnit list in Directory normaly.

I think the problem maybe is in the Organization Structure root OrgUnit ID. But i don't know what. My OrgUnit Root is ok.

I don't know what's meaning the line of the log mentioned by you.

Error message returned:For input string: "True"

I'll check other things here e maybe i'll open a message in the support.

Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

The root OrgUnit ID is the object Id of the OrgUnit that is at the top of your org structure. This entered in the OrgChart > Organization Structure > General Settings section.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

Could you please check under data connection your connection string?

It should be the SAP connection string.

The format of the connection string:

ASHOST=SAPONE SYSNR=02 USER=USERNAME PASSWD=welcome1 CLIENT=800

SAPONE = SAP host name

02 = system number

USERNAME = username

welcome1 = password

800 = client number

Also, maybe this is a permission issue, please double check that

the user that you are accessing SAP/Nakisa with has the correct permissions in the backend.

Give them SAP_ALL if nexessary to investigate.

They should be able to access the root ID in the SAP ERP also.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

By checking that the Searches work he has proved his connection string is correct otherwise he could not search in SAP.

Best regards,

Luke

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Initial problem was solved.

Now accidently, i changed the orgunit root to a OrgUnit without others OrgUnits below. Only Positions and persons. With this, the OrgChart works fine.

When i change the root to a OrgUnit with one or many orgunits below, the error message returns.

I think the error is in OM, but i don't know what's happening yet.

Thanks for advance.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

It sounds like a possible problem with HR-OCI. Did you change any other settings in the General Settings section of the AdminConsole? Except for OrgUnit root, most other setting sshould remain the same.

Did you import the correct Nakisa Transport Package and ABAP Add-on? This should be verified because it contains the correct functio nmodules and HR-OCI configuration. Did you upgrade or is this a brand new installation?

Best regards,

Luke

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

All problem are solved.

Many thanks Luke and Mattews.

The last problem was solved adding the string HasChildren = 'TRUE' in the General Settings.

Thanks.