cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to distribute form to user and to receive data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to provide a dynamic form for offline entry only to users which are authenticated to a web site which is not sap web site.

By dynamic, I mean that certain fields would be filled with dynamic data (drop downs etc.)

Is this possible... is there a way to just call a url and receive a dynamic form which would be filled in offline.

Once the form is filled in , I would like the user to upload the file within the web application (once again) not an SAP server. Is there a way this application could call a url to upload the form to ADS so that it is processed and that the data will be saved ... ?

That is :

1 user logs in to not sap web site

2 user clicks url and receives form filled in with his data

3 user saves file locally and fills it in

4 user logs in to not sap web site again

5 user uploads his form

6 adobe forms infrastructure processes the form and updates SAP back ends and saves pdf in archiving.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

My approach would be:

- Create a service in SAP that can be called from the web site, once the user is authenticated, and returns the PDF with all the dynamic data in it. the web site makes it available for the user to download.

- The user fills the PDF offline and submits to the web site. The submission of the PDF is nothing more than plain XML, so any web site should be able to process it. The web site can later call another service in SAP to perform the relevant updates.

How to implement this approach, I leave it to you. What I don't understand is why do you need an external web site. I'm pretty sure this can be achieved by going directly to SAP.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Andres.