cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Due Date - FBL5N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

There is a request to change the net due date at the report FBL5N : if the net due date is on a weekend or holiday, it is necessary to change it to the next business day..

I realized that this field is calculated using FM DETERMINE_DUE_DATE (when running FBL5n).

Questions:

- Is it possible to change this date as requested? If yes, is it an ABAP issue?

- Modifying this net due date at this point, may affect the integrity of other reports or transactions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Gaia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

I think iu need to take ABAP help to change the baseline date as net due date is just a calculation done and stored in a temperory structure everytime FBL5N is run. Or u need to work around it through user training by changing the baseline date manually in the invoice.

But I wonder what business scenario would require the net due date to be changed? is it the interest calculation or something else?

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

the user doesn't want that the net due date at the report FBL5N falls on weekends or holidays. It is necessary that the net due date falls always on business day.

Thanks.

Gaia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaia,

I understood it's a user requirement. I was just wondering what is the business case for this requirement. If it's interest calculation, then fine even if the materiality will be very less. Other wise what's the big deal if the invoice falls due on a Sunday? Anyhow as suggested u can use ABAP help and achieve this.

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

thanks for your response.

I am using the method IF_EX_FI_ITEMS_MENUE02~LIST_ITEMS05, implementation FDM_AR_ITEM_MENU_IM.

At this point there is the parameter IT_ITEMS (type RFPOSXEXT ) and there is the field that I need to change (field FAEDT).

But unfortunately I am getting the message IT_ITEMS cannot be changed when I am trying to activate it. Even in the debug is not allowed to change it.

thanks in advance.

Gaia

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As per SAP standard, it is not possible to link the due date calculation

to a calendar so as to avoid having the due date fall on a holiday or

weekend. There is no provision in standard SAP to enable this.

Only for automatic payment and dunning purposes, you can use a calendar

to avoid payments on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. Please see

customizing transaction OBBA.

One suggestion could be to use the substitution functionality, where

you can substitute and change several fields from BKPF and BSEG. By a

user exit you will calculate the adequate baseline date to avoid due

date on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.

Regards

Madhu M