cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Label and TextView alignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m having some trouble trying to align Label and TextView side by side. I m gonna try to draw a sample here since I cannot post a printscreen, hope somebody can help.

In design time at NWDS I have this:

Name: field_name Last name: field_lastname

then I build and when i go to see the result after I make the deploy I have sometnihg like this at the browser, and no matter what I do with the properties at design time I still get the same result like this:

Name: nononononoononononoonon Last name: nonononononononon

with big spaces between the label and the textview and between fields, this does not just happen with this 2 objects, but with any object I have like buttons, textedit etc

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually the result I get is like this:

then I build and when i go to see the result after I make the deploy I have sometnihg like this at the browser, and no matter what I do with the properties at design time I still get the same result like this:

Name:_________________________nononnononoono__________________Last name: ______________nonononononononon

where __________ is blank spaces and nononononononon is the value of the field. I think this shows better what it is happening.

And as the answer for this by Shanti:

Message: For the container in which you have these input elements, try to set the property StretchHorizontally to FALSE.

When I change this property I get this window error with the follow message: An error has occured. See log for more details.

first question why I get this message if the only thing I m doing is changing true for false and second where is this log that the message is talking about?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mario

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

1) Set your layout to MatrixLayout

2) Have the label 'Name' set to MatrixHeadData, the rest of the elements set to 'MatrixData'

3) After the last element in a row (in this case, the 'last name input field') add an InvisibleElement element, with width set to 100%. This will ensure your elements will be 'compressed' to the left, but will also ensure further elements on next rows will be aligned properly too.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Robin

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the container in which you have these input elements, try to set the property StretchHorizontally to FALSE.