cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving PO Acknowledgements (EDI855)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to setup the configuration so that we receive the PO Acknowledgement via XI, but the problem is the IDOC always end up in error. Is there a schema I need to setup in the configuration to be able to update the purchase order confirmations tab with code 'AB'. Where is this schema setup? All IDOC mapping done and we are using message type ORDRSP with processing code ORDR. We are using confirmation control Y001 (Ord Ack opt. 3d). I am missing this last piece of the puzzle to update a schema. Any ideas?? Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Kalyan's question, ar eyou able to enter the AB ack. manually in the PO?

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kalyan and Raf. Yes, I am able to update the AB manually for each purchase order in the confimations tab. I prefer the inbound IDOC to do this work for me. All the configuration is setup except that the IDOC has an error 51 (Application document not posted).

No IDoc items belonging to purchasing document found

Message no. ME760

The PO does exist correctly in the system and I can update 'AB' manually. No output type has been created specifically for EDI 855 like I did for EDI 850/EDI 860. Another question I have is does the confirmation tab gets updated when we receive EDI 856? We are receiving ASN's today where we check them usng a custom transaction. It would be nice to see evidence on the Purchase Order when we do receive EDI 856.

I thank you very much for your help and advice.

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the message you are receiving seems like the item number/details in the IDoc do not match with that of the purchasing document. Can you verify this? In particular, verify material data in segment E1EDP19 with field name IDTNR.

As for EDI 856, the inbound ASN should create an inbound delivery which in turn is visible in the same 'confirmation tab' of the purchase order. The confirmation category will be 'LA'. You can use WE09 with message type DESADV to verify successful 856's in your system.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

One pitfall that many tramp into is the leading zeros. The PO number, the item number and the material number shall appear in the IDoc with leading zeros if they are fully numeric (no other characters than digits and spaces at the end/beginning).

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no schema set up for the inbound confirmation. Have you verified the PO line item with the relevant confirmation control key and this CCK has 'confirmation category' = 'AB' in the configuration. If yes, what is the IDoc failure message?