Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

check next number (activity code)

Good day experts.

This is the issue we are currently importing a SFC into the system or using the supplier barcode for the SFC inside visprise. We unfortnately use two diferent product types from the same supplier where the two don't really have any differeneces. The products are hard drives one is 40 gig and the other is a 80 gig, but inside visprise we are having troubles keeping the product seperated.

We are wanting a way to check the barcode, because the part number is inside this barcode from the supplier to seperate the two inside visprise.

I thought about using check next number activity code, but unfortnately this isn't getting the job done. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. As of right now I have the acitivity codes create SFC as Pre-start and check next number as a pre-validate start. I have tried changing the hook point, but nothing seems to work. I can force it to not work at all or work for everything.

I have a setup the next number maintenance and I can print out the correct barcode for this material, but I can't prevent us importing a incorrect barcode.

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question