cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc adapter - Receiver Agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

For IDoc Adapter, y should the receiver agreement should be created.

I know y sender agreement is not created.

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

you need the receiver agreement to find the right channel for a receiver. I your case: IDoc adapter, not RFC or proxy.

A sender agreement is not required for the most adapter, coz the adapter is already passed before message routing.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The Integration Server pipeline converts the received XML to IDoc XML, and then transfers this IDoc XML to the IDoc adapter. The IDoc adapter converts the IDoc XML to native IDoc format and sends the IDoc to the identified receiver system using the standard IDoc interface, this receiver system is identified because you specify it in your <b>receiver agreement</b>. The IDoc adapter can also call external subsystems.

I hope you have understood the need of receiver agreement incase of IDoc adapters...

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From all the responses, I made sth like..

In case of sender, the IDoc after being converted to IDocXML it should go to the XI server only.

In case of receiver, the IDocXML after it is converted to IDoc, XI server should know the receiver.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-Naveen.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have look into this part of SAP help. It clearly describes, where exactly Idoc adapter resides etc in the XI pipeline~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy