cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollback through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received this email from our web developer who is building a web interface connection to SAP via XI.

His email says:

I wonder if either of you know whether the XI interface supports the WS-Transaction or WS-AtomicTransaction specifications?

I'm trying to find out if our web app can do a two-phase commit involving a web service call to SAP and also a database transaction. In other words, I'd like to start a transaction, call an XI service, save something to Oracle, and roll back everything if something goes wrong. I have no idea if that's possible with XI.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who replied to this. We have decided not follow this route but we havel have gained some extra knowledge through this exercise.

Thanks again

Anthony

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I wonder if either of you know whether the XI interface supports the WS-Transaction or WS-AtomicTransaction specifications?

even though the answer is in a way no, you would still find this an interesting read - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304335f7-f33c-2a10-ae80-9c9ffdc86...

Former Member
0 Kudos

WS-RM is only supported for ABAP backends, In PI 7.3 it is now supporting WSRM for .Net based services.

I'm trying to find out if our web app can do a two-phase commit involving a web service call to SAP and also a database transaction. In other words, I'd like to start a transaction, call an XI service, save something to Oracle, and roll back everything if something goes wrong. I have no idea if that's possible with XI.

In PI7.1 (and above) you have concept of TUCC (based on WS-RM) to achive this, but again sender/receiver should be based on SAP NW.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ffdb4d-e869-2a10-7688-891d7eea1...

May be you can actually try this on the application level and keep one application in lead, for example call SAP transaction/program which initiate LUW for updating SAP transaction and Oracle DB, if something goes wrong it will rollback else perform the commit.

Regards,

Gourav

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think roll back would possible from PI level,but what PI offers here is you can write error handling like checking logic in mapping level to send data to Data base or not,that can be done very easily.

If you want to connect to Web Application,if web application able to support web service call then go with SOAP sender scenario.

Regards,

Raj