cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Version s of BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Techies,

Could you please tell me the procedure to create a new version of BOM using CS02. Also how to specify to the SAP System to make it selectable when we require the new version of BOM for the production.

Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Kris.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As what i understood from your question is " you have to create the alternate bom " You can create using CS01 entering the same header material. You will see below a message saying alternate BOM will be created. And you can select your alternate BOM later when you want.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for u r reply.

But my request is not for using alternate bom. In the same BOM i need to create a new version of BOM.

For example. I need to delete a old material and change it with new material. I cant do it just like that as it might affect the sales order for the currrent BOM. So i need to specify it with a new version of BOM to make it effective from certain date so that i does not affect the current sales order.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

Just to suggest you, in this case you can create Alternate BOM and create a 2nd production version..from the date as per your requirement.. so that u can assign to the production order whenver u required.. means incase if plant uses the old materila for production again no need to change u can select with the production version 1 and confirm.. which is feasible.which will not also affects your current sales or production order..

Incase u want to change as u told... please wait for experts to post.

Cheers,

Sampath

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In that case you can have two production versions, you can use whichever BOM component you want. Create two alternate BOM with the same routings. Assign two production version in the MRP4 tab in material master so that you can use both the material old and new when required by using versions and your existing sales order and production will not be effected.

Hope i am clear.

Revert back if required.

Regards,

Alok tiwari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

First of all i would likne to tell for creating the alternate BOm the transaction codes is CS01..Production version is combination of BOM and routing.It may be one to one, many to one and many to many .

Eg a singlr BOM with differnet routing makes a production version.

Many to one

BOM A Routin A Production Version A

Routing B Production Version B

Routing C Production Version C

One to one

BOM A Routing A Production Version A

BOM B Routing B Production Version B

BOM C Routing C Production Version C

Many to many

BOM A Routin A Production Version A

Routing B Production Version B

Routing C Production Version C

BOM B Routing A Production Version A

Routing B Production Version B'

Routing C Production version C

Like so ON.

The production version could be activated from either MM03, Production version tab,or by C223.When the production version is being activated a Green indicator will glow

Thx

Bhupendra Singh