Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Sending Formatted Excel File Via E-mail

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem in sending e-mails with formatted excel files.

Reading some threads I finally could send an attachment formatting it via xml (even if I am not an xml expert at all!).

Now I have a last problem to solve: when the file is attached to the mail has the aspect of an Excel file ad actually it opens as an xls file when you try to. But if you try to save it the SAVE AS defalt format is of course XML.

The users who receive these e-mails unfortunately forget to change the file format so they go on "losing" them.

Is there any way to attach a file that may be "automatically" saved in an XLS format even if it was formatted via XML attributes?

Or else, is there any other way to create a formatted Excel file and attach it to e-mails via SAP custom reports?

I thank you in advance for any help offered!

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hallo everybody,

I finally solved my problem even if I had to use a different way.

In the Code Exchange found the custom abap2xlsx library that let me create the file in XLSX and not in XML. Only this way I could finally send the Excel file the way I wanted to!

If you need to know anything about this custom bu awesome solution you will find it at https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/groups/abap2xlsx

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question