cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing crystal reports 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install crystal reports 2011 and I keep getting an error that I need administrative priviliges to continue. I am the administrator and i have tried running as administrator. Why does this keep giving me this error. I am running the 32 bit version of windows 7. I have .net 4 installed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Macromedia is not installed on this computer. I have tried installing on other computers and I get the exact same error.

0 Kudos

Ah, worth a try.... Likely your IT guys burn images all from the same master or using the same CD's DVD's to install from. I have installed it on various OS, XP, Windows 7, Vista, 2008 32 and 64 bits and no problems. But they are clean also, no third party app's pre-installed other than Visual Studio 2010. And My PC at home has just about everything on it an no issues with it either...

I can't say why then. I suggest you purchase a [support case|http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryID=38156200] and get into the Report Design queue and get them to get more info from you. Logs and other files cannot be attached to Forums.

It appears to be known issues and they are working on getting it resolved. It likely is a missing dependency or some version specific dependency we and you may have a newer version. In either case you can get a refund.

Or wait until SP 2 comes out and hope your specific issue is fixed.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

do i need visual studio installed? if so what version?

0 Kudos

No you don't, just go into Programs and Features and see if MacroMedia is listed. If it is then uninstall it, reboot just in case, and the try installing CR again.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

This computer is a dell. it came with windows xp and was upgraded to vista. it was then upgraded to 7.

0 Kudos

Ah.. Could be the Macro Media software causing the issue but that was only for New Windows 7 installs but I never asked if they had updated also. Check your add/remove programs. This was an issue we had with Installing CR for Visual Studio 2010.

Another option is to turn on msiexec logging, you can run the setup.exe from the command line and generate a log file. Search Microsoft's site on how to. I had it but I can't find the link now, use Bing or Google.

See if that log indicates why the install is failing.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running windows 7 32 bit enterprise edition. The antivirus is not showing that it is blocking anything. I disabled it and tried but i get the same error. There are no log files as it never starts the install. I click on the install program and i get to point of what language and then it gives me the error about not having administrative privilege.

0 Kudos

Very strange indeed....

I'll send this post link to the PM's and Report Design team so they can attach this issue to the escalation also.

One more question, I've run into problems with OEM versions of Windows. Are you using a DELL that came with Windows 7 pre-installed or are you using an off the shelf copy of Windows 7?

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged in as the local admin already. I have clicked on run as administrator already as well. There are no profiles being pushed out limiting my rights. I can install programs all day. I installed crystal reports 2008 just fine. I just can not install 2011.

0 Kudos

Strange...

What OS are you using?

Any other version than CR 2008 on that PC?

Is there any logs in this folder: C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs. Look around in other SAP folders, there may be other logs to look through.

How about Anti-virus software blocking access? Check their logs to see if any access denied errors are trapped.

I just checked with the install team and there have been known issues and they are still outstanding. Nothing with your specific issue though. In the mean time can you show me whats in the install log file? Not all of it just the juicy parts.

GA release should resolve them all.

Thanks

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

Check with your IT guys, sometimes they can push out modified user Profiles that can limit full admin rights.

Other option is to log in under your local PC account and run the installer that way. I believe that mode truly gives you full admin rights.

Another option is browse to the setup.exe, right click on it and select Run As Administrator.

Thank you

Don