Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some questions about TREX.

Is TREX single licenced by SAP or only licenced together e.g. with RecordsManagement?

We want only use TREX for material master and documents on ContentServer. But we do not want to use RecordsManagement. Instead of RecordsManagement we want to use an external document management system may be Alfresco.

Are there any alternatives to TREX that we can use insted of TREX for indexing material master may be a solution with "Apache Lucene".

Thanks

Arnfried

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnfried,

you wrote:

I have asked our SAP partner (Plaut) about the TREX Licence but he could't give us an answer. So he asked SAP and we still wait for an answer. So nobody seams to know how the TREX licence workes.

I am quite sure that many people knows the TREX Licence as well SAP knows the TREX licence.

You have only to ask the right person

So the question about TREX License is already answered by Karsten.

The License is included in the backend system.

So using TREX and Solution Manager the TREX Licence is included in Solution Manager.

So using TREX and XI/PI the TREX Licence is included in XI/PI.

So using TREX and ECC the TREX Licence is included in ECC.

So using TREX and NetWeaver Portal the TREX Licence is included in NetWeaver Portal.

So using TREX and CRM the TREX Licence is included in CRM.

and so on.....

and regarding installation...

Download TREX from SAP Marketplace and install it for QAS and PRD at a dedicated server. For DEV you can think about to install it at the same machine like the backend.

Best regards

Frank

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnfried,

the TREX engine is included in your foundation license. Thus, you cannot license it separately, because you do not need to. For searching objets like material master, please check the documentation for "SES (Search Engine Service)" for App Server 7.00 and below and for "Embedded Search" for App Server 7.01 and above.

Best, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

you said that TREX license is part of our ECC6 license.

Where can we get TREX? Can we download it at SAP portal?

I am wondering about our SAP Solution partner. I asked him about TREX and he said nothing about that TREX is part of our license. But he should point out that.

Thanks

Arnfried

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is part of your SAP NetWeaver license, which should be the basis of your ECC 6.0 (NW 7.0 or higher).

And, yes, you should be able to download from the Service Marketplace.

Note:

TREX may only be used in scenarios as delivered by SAP.

Thus, in ECC 6.0without EhPs, via the "SES - Search Engine Service" methods.

Best,

Karsten

sebastianlenz85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

I'm looking for further information about the licensing of TREX to discuss this with our client. Are there any official documents or websites from where I can get this information? Currently the client uses the NetWeaver AS with SAP CRM 7.0.

Furthermore I'm looking for information about the system requirements. We are planing to implement TREX in order to implement the standard dublicate check for business partners in SAP CRM 7.0 with SES.

Is it possible to install TREX on the same server as the CRM-System? Are there any restrictions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have asked our SAP partner (Plaut) about the TREX Licence but he could't give us an answer. So he asked SAP and we still wait for an answer. So nobody seams to know how the TREX licence workes.

In the WEB I found the following:

Volltextsuche mit SAP TREX

In vielen Firmen ist die SAP Dokumentenverwaltung (DVS) Bestandteil der verschiedensten Business-Prozesse. Seit einiger Zeit kann die Volltextsuche TREX in Verbindung mit DVS genutzt werden, ohne dass zusätzliche Lizenzkosten entstehen - ein weiterer Nutzen für DVS-Kunden.

Arnfried