cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt about resquest/transportation and DOE SWCV instalation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

What is the process of installing a SWCV (software component of the DOE) on a client (ativation, request, configuration)? do you have to manually activate the DataObjects or any transaction exists for this?

Other Question.

In the implementation of the function push (push instance) the parameters and types(structure) are generated by DOE in object activation (Z).

If I change my environment (NW) and have to activate again the objects ,the types parameters of the function push continue the same? I need to pass data in ECC function to push through that parameters (OPERATION ZDOESTR00B00C0_02) and for this I created a function and I dont want modify this function every instalation because the types changed.

push_ordem function.

*"----

-

• "*" Local Interface:

• "IMPORTING

• "VALUE (TASK) TYPE OPTIONAL CHAR01

• "VALUE (sync_mode) TYPE OPTIONAL CHAR01

• "TABLES

• "OPERATING STRUCTURE ZDOESTR00B00C0_02

• "ORDER STRUCTURE ZDOESTR00B00C0_00

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. While developing SWCV in dev system, you need to assign the SWCV to productive package (not a local package). So, that transport request pop-up will be displayed. You can include any of the DOE objects into transport request which can be released to quality / production system. Once the transport request is imported into quality / production system, DOE will automatically generates the required objects. Only active metadata will be transported to quality / production system. So, there is no need of user intervention in this process except importing the transport request.

2. These structures might be different in the systems. This is how DOE generates the objects. Once the SWCV is imported into any system, it might re-use the number which is generated in dev system or it might create new number if the same is already used. So, these structures will be different in different system.

I'll suggest you to use TYPE ANY TABLE in parameters and which can be type casted to exact structure by querying the DOE generation repository tables.

You can use SMGF_GENOBJ_GET function module to retrieve this table name in system.

GUID - This should be backend adapter id (As you mentioned you are using push functioanlity)

MOTYPE - This should be the generator name. (This generator name can be retrieved from TMGN_OBJREG table by providing structure name in NAME column. Copy the GEN_KEY value)

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (0)