cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out BW Publisher parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In the process of installing BO XI 3.1 Integration tool Kit For SAP Solutions.I came to know that i need Program ID,Gateway Host,Gateway Service details of BW.

1)Can you please tell me the steps in detail , how to find out the above details from BW?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all:

There are two ways to configure BW publisher:

1-as a server service

2-a Local SAP Gateway

Which installation did you chose?

Ciao,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Massimo,

I want to install it as a Local SAP Gateway method. I want to connect my BO Environment to SAP BW.

1)Can you please tell me the both ways to find out above details in SAP Gateway and as a Server Service also?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should take a look at the Installation Guide for the SAP Integration Kit

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

I have installed BO XI 3.1 SP3 Enterprise Server,SAP GUI,Crystal Reports,Xcelsius,Live Office.As per requirement i want to Integrate both BI and BO.

1)Can you Please tell me how to find out the above details from SAP BI environment?

I dont have knowledge about BI services and BI environment also.

I have gone through the pdf but i couldn't able to trace the path for above mention details from BI.

Edited by: Venkat8130 on May 29, 2011 2:53 PM

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through by below details.

GwHost - Hostname of the BW server (BW server Name)

GwServ - Gateway of BW server (e.g. 3300 or sapgw00)

ProgID - Program ID of Registered Server Program defined for RFC destination (SM59) on BW server (Logon on the SAP BW by SAP GUI and go to the transaction SM59.You can get the ProgID from SM59.)

Or you can ask to the your Basis consultant for more details.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rathi,

After using SM59-->TCP/IP Connections. Here i can able to see more than one(my case 29) RFC Connections.

1)So can you please tell me from which RFC connection i need to take the above mention details?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I would suggest that if you are not familiar with these items that you start with looking into the product documentation including the installation giude for the software - in this case the SAP Integration Kit - which does include the complete details on how to setup and configure the publishing.

Ingo

Answers (0)