Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW method for transaction IW31 (Service Order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to create multiple Service Orders using LSMW, but no Recording.

Transaction would be IW31.

Can you give some tips please?

Thank you! Walter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I have created an LSMW for service orders by using the IDoc method with Message Type = 'IORDER' and Basic Type = 'IORDER01'

Brenda

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I have created an LSMW for service orders by using the IDoc method with Message Type = 'IORDER' and Basic Type = 'IORDER01'

Brenda

0 Kudos

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your quick answer!

What process code did you use in the Partner Profile?

Thanx, Walter

0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I just finished creating the LSMW and hadn't gotten around to setting up the IDoc portion. It looks like the following are available:

ABI_AIDN_IN

ED00

ED00_XML

ED08

Let me know what you find out.

Brenda

0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

The Process Codes you mention are listed for every MessageType in WE64, so not specific for ServceOrder creation.

Nevertheless I did some tests with them, but nu succes yet. The IDoc's are not processed, but only forwarded as it looks.

Reg., Walter.

0 Kudos

Have a look at this thread:

It is stated here: "Analyzed and confirmed that these idoc types are outbound idoc types. To have them inbound, customized FM needs to be written."

Any new ideas or input?

Thank you, Walter.

0 Kudos

These notes confirm that IORDER does not have inbound processing and should not be used:

I found a BAPI that can be used to create service orders: BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN

0 Kudos

Hi Brenda, thanks for the confirmation you found in the notes!

Can you tell me how to use the BAPI for mass-upload / migration? I haven't done that before, but it looks to me that we won't use LMSW for that, but tr.code SE37, right?

I found out that the BAPI you mention belongs to Business Object BUS2088A, wich cannot be selected in the first LSMW-step.

So the idea is then to write an Abap-program which reads my input-file (which contains all the data to create the service-orders) and then call the BAPI several times to create the Service-Orders one by one. Am I right, or is there a standard way to use this BAPI for mass-upload?

Thanx again, Walter.

0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

You are absolutely correct. You will need to write a program to input the data file and process the data using the BAPI. Good luck. It looks like I'll be doing the same thing.

Brenda