cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account determination inconsistent for differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation where the G/L account determined for the differences from Goods issue is coming out different in the Dev & Q systems - both materials are FERT, mvt type is 641 and configurations are same in OBYC, OMWN, OMWM, OMWD and OMSK, and same valuation area in both materials..yet, in the Dev system them the Transaction Key getting determined is PRD while in the Q system it is BSX because of which the G/L accounts are coming out different...what else can I check here? - anything in the material master that could be affecting/driving this? Appreciate your help...

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sap two type of price control standard and moving average price for finished material its standard price if this the case the difference amount will post to PRD account. if we use MVP the difference will post to Stock account

Regards

AKM

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it standard price in both cases? if it is MAP then variance may go to bsx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Yes, even the plants are the same, only the materials are different but that is because Q is a refresh of Prod and in Dev we have to create the materials for testing.

The results I am talking of (price variances) are from freight variances obtained after doing the MIRO on the freight conditions in the STO. E.g. when the intra company delivery is goods issued, the accrual of freight was 100, when the MIRO was done for 110, the balance 10 is getting it's GL determined via PRD key in the dev system and via BSX in the Q system.

On the face of it, all looks same but definitely there must be something I haven't checked, just can't figure out what...

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

When you have differences in MIRO, the system tries to post them to the same account where the GR was charged. In case of MAP valuated materials this is the stock account (BSX). However, if the current stock at the moment when MIRO is posted is lower than the MIRO qty, only part of the difference amount is posted to the stock; the other part goes to the price diff acct (PRD). In the extreme case when there's no stock at all, the entire difference is posted to the price diff acct.

The reason is to prevent irrational MAP on the material (since MAP has to follow the stock value, i.e. = stock value / stock qty). If the stock is zero the stock value (= the balance on the stock acct) shall also be zero!

So please check how much stock you had in each system at the time of MIRO and compare these stock qties to the MIRO qties in each system.

BR

Raf