cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM installation step: The unencrypted TCP port number that was selected...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Title : MDM installation step: The unencrypted TCP port number that was selected 50750 isn't the MDS Default Port number. The default port number is 59950.

This is our scenario: We have an old MDM System running on a AIX host. Now, we have to install another new MDM System for another Project in the SAME AIX host. We have successfully installed a Java system as MDM System requires it. Then we started with installation of MDM System.

During installation of MDM, the installation is giving the above warning.

Now, what should i give as port number ?

If i give 59950, i dont know whether it will be a problem as the old MDM System is also having the same port in use.

Please advice.

Many thanks,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan.

You can set different port number during new SAP MDM installation.

In this case both installation will be work fine.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000449862011E

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanstantsin,

Then I want to give a port number other than 59950, for example 50750, will this port work?

Please advice.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anybody help with the above query? Many thanks.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

am not sure what you are talking about ?

MDM server components or NW AS ??

the later generally takes port in that range - as u have mentioned !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

No, iam speaking about MDM Server components.

If iam not using the default port 59950, will the system work? As i said above, i want to use the port 50750.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok -

the default is 59950

but if you use some other its perfectly fine !

- make sure u use above 49000 range ... to make sure its not used by some system apps.

award points if this helps

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

As suggested by you above, we have finished the installation. Now, we want to test whether it is working or not.

How to do it, please write elaborately as iam new to MDM.

(

For Your Information:

On the AIX host, the new MDM system is running and also the new Java System.

We have installed now MDM 7.1 SP7 and the old MDM System which is running is MDM 7.1 SP4. In my local computer, i have installed MDM Console 7.1 SP4, can i test the new System with this MDM Console version?

)

You will be rewarded.

Many many Thanks,

Mohan.

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have to use the SP07 MDM Console to connect to the SP07 server, or else you will have a CRC error.

Try starting the server and unarchiving or creating and loading a new repository to check if it is properly installed.

Don't forget to mount the server with the correct port if you changed it from the default.

Best Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

1. Correct, we got a CRC error when we used other version Console and when we installed same version Console as Server then we were able to mount ir successfully.

2. Now, what should be my second step. when i right click and select Create Repository, i should input DBMS Server, User, password, Repository Name and Port. When i right click, there is one more option DBMS Settings, here too i should input DBMS Server, User, password.

Ours is a distributed system and DB is running on a different host. Under DBMS Server, should i give the host name OR db sid OR Java System SID which is running in the same host where MDM is also running??

And what should be the User and password?

Thanks,

Mohan.

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Enter the appropriate DBMS login (which must have system administrator privileges) and password for the selected DBMS Server.

You can refer to the MDM Console Reference Guide for more information on DBMS settings, page 238.

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Sorry for late reply.

We mounted the Server successfully but cannot connect to DB.

Under DBMS Settings, i have given "system" and the password but we are getting the error - Unable to connect with Database server .

We have opened a ticket but until now, there is no success. Now the support team wants to login in our system and check.

I will update the status here once done.

Regards,

Mohan.