SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection Document Status Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ISU Gurus,

I am in a requirement to add new disconnection document status to the existing list of disconnection status. Currently the statuses that are available are:

New,

New, Release Unnecessary

Released

Disconnection Started

Disconnection Carried Out

Reconenction Started

Reconnection carried out

Completed

These are all standarad.

We need to introduce some more disconnection statuses in between these above mentioned statuses.

Also can you please let me know how I can update the disconnection status to these new statuses?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anirban Das

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anirban:

As mentioned before, adding a status would require a modficiation to the EDCDOCSTAT domain since the values are directly assigned there. But beyond that, the status is determined internally by various programs, so adding a status will not allow you to set documents to that value - you would need to modify all of the standard programs which set it. I would not recommend going down this path as you are.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anirban:

As mentioned before, adding a status would require a modficiation to the EDCDOCSTAT domain since the values are directly assigned there. But beyond that, the status is determined internally by various programs, so adding a status will not allow you to set documents to that value - you would need to modify all of the standard programs which set it. I would not recommend going down this path as you are.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In most of the cases, you will have a service order associated with a disconnection order. Why don't define more user statuses to your service orders and keep the disconnection document statuses standard? That way you don't have to meddle with standard SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks for your valuable updates. Currently we are using service order status as the final status of the disconnection document. And disconnection document status remains as set by standard SAP.

Regards,

Anirban

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the Disc Doc status by using the

FM:

ISU_S_DISCDOC_PROVIDE

ISU_DISCDOC_OBJECT_GET

ISU_DISCDOC_ACTION_SAVE.

You need to build the internal tables in y_obj. If you want more info i can help you.

Thanks

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.