cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

money transfer from bank to bank with F111 using GL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking for a transaction in SAP to transfer cash from bank account A with Bank A to bank account B at Bank B. I would like to use F111 to generate a payment file and upload this in the banking software but first I need to generate somehow a payment request (table PAYRQ) before I can use transaction F111. Any idea? I do not want to use Accounts Payable or Acccounts Receivable; rather only General Ledger and Bank Accounting?!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would recommend that why dont you use FRFT_B - bank to bank transfer functionality .

It is simple to use and you will have to create business transactions as master data for the same .

Explore the same , it would help .

Cheers ,

Dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

Sounds good. How do I set up repetitive codes? what else do I need to do in customizing?

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Repetitive codes are set up in transaction OT81 (Easy Access menu path: Accounting -> Financial Accounting -> Banks -> Master Data -> Repetitive Codes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the repetitive codes also be used outside of the USA? What do you think of transaction FF63 with button 'account transfer' does it offer the same (payment order file generation in F111). We have liquidity forecast (planning levels and groupings) implemented.

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know repetitive codes could be used outside of the USA. In the USA, a company can agree upon a repetitive code with its bank. In those cases, the company needs only communicate the repetitive code with each transfer, not all the bank information. However, repetitive codes can still be used without such an agreement in place. My company is in the USA, and we use repetitive codes for transfers, but have not established the repetitive codes with our bank - we just use the repetitive code to store the bank information for the transfers. When SAP generates the payment request based on a repetitive code, it copies the bank information from the repetitive code to the payment request. When F111 generates the payment file, it uses the bank information from the payment request.

FF63 only creates memo records - it does not create payment requests that can be processed via F111.

Regards,

Shannon

Answers (0)