cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SmartStyles with roman number bullets and content indentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where a standard text should be displayed with romna numbers with increasing numbering( i, ii, iii iv...).

We are using an include text node in Adobe Layout and a smartstyle is also applied on this include text node.

We are not sure what should be used in the smartstyles so that the roman numbers come left aligned and the text that follows them also comes left aligned. In SAP Script we do this using 'Outline' tab of paragraph format by declaring two levels of paragraph formats for outlines.

We want the following output.

i This is the first line.

ii This is the second line.

iii This is the third line.

and not the following.

i This is the first line.

ii This is the second line.

iii This is the third line.

The difference in these two outputs is that the text following the numbers are left aligned in the first case but they are not in the second case. The text keep following the roman numbers on each line.

Please advice on how to achieve the above mentioned output. We are able to do this in SAP Script. But we are not sure how to do this in Adobe.

Thanks,

Tirth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirth,

Which tool do you use for Design the form? I just try it with Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.8 and get the expected result that you wanted directly, my steps:

1. New a form in LC Designer.

2. Drag and drop a Text object in Design View.

3. Expand it and input text you want.

for example:

aaa

bbb

ccc

4. Choose Window -> Paragraph in toolbar, highlight all text that you just input and choose Roman Small

5. The result I get is

i. aaa

ii. bbb

iii. ccc

The text is left align but not the roman number.

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

The text keep following the roman numbers on each line.

That is exactly what it should happen to a single-continuous line of text. Perhaps you can display number + text using two different subforms within the same line? By doing this, you can provide enough space for the numbers to be displayed and the texts will appear aligned to each other.

Regards,

Andres.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Can you please explain how can we achieve this with two different subforms. I am not able to get it.

Just to re-iterate, we want roman numbers on each line but the texts should be independant left aligned. Left alignment should be exclulding the numbers.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tirth

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have one subform for the numbers, fixed width and "top to bottom". In here, you'll display the internal table for your roman numbers.

In the other subform, exactly at the same line of the other, fixed width long enough to fit the maximuim textline in one line, and also "top to bottom". As you've guessed, you'll display your internal table for the textlines in this subform.

To keep it short:

- Two internal tables, one for numbers another for textlines.

- Two subforms at the same height, one for each table and the textlines with left alignment.

That should do it. Now, you try to help somebody...

Cheers,

Andres.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I got your point of having two subforms. But we have following challenge in doing so.

We have display the text from a SO10 object. so if SO10 texts contain tags like <b> or <u> then we need to render them and for that we will have to make use of smartstyles. Using smartstyles is not possible with internal table bindings, right?

I remember we can achieve the same with have two nested paragraph formats in SAP Scripts. Not sure how can we do that in smatstyles.

Is this a limitation of Adobe forms that we cannot have such a functionality (if we dont consider the two seperate subforms thought for a while) ??

Let us know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Tirth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the text got all in Bold face and underlines becaue I wanted to write " tags like '<'b'>' (tab b without the interupting quotes) and '<'u'>' ) and it rendered them.

Sorry for the confusion.