cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO details thru Application parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where one web dnypro application has to access data from multiple R3 systems using different JCOs.

For example:

System Client

ABV 120

ABV 210

ABX 120

I have JCOs created for each systems :

ABV 120:

JCO : WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DESTABV

WD_ECC_METADATA_DESTABV

ABV 210:

JCO : WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DESTABV210

WD_ECC_METADATA_DESTABV210

ABX 120:

JCO : WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DESTABX120

WD_ECC_METADATA_DESTABX120

In the webdynpro Iview I am using the property Application Parameters where Iam setting the JCOs which it has to access for.

Like shown below:

For ABV 120:

sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DEST:ABV&sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_METADATA_DEST:ABV

For ABV 210:

sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DESTABV210:ABV&sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_METADATA_DESTABV210:ABV

For ABX 210:

sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DESTABX210:ABX&sap.wdarfc.useSys=WD_ECC_METADATA_DESTABX210:ABX

But i see this way it is not working and every Application is using the Default JCos (WD_ECC_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_ECC_METADATA_DEST) which are pointed to ABV210.

Can anyone pls suggest as we are going critical now.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The parameter name is not correct.

It should be sap-wd-arfc-useSys

Refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Thank you very much for you response.

I have check the URL which you have sent, but iam little confused abt the difference between the link you sent and the below link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/84a34098022a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/84a34098022a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Please advice.

Regards,

Kumar

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new system name used in the URL must begin with the previous system name and be at most 3 characters longer than the previous name.

So, you cannot have ABV210 as the suffix. The suffix should be at most 3 chars.

Please use it as follows:

sap-wd-arfc-useSys=SAP_R3_HumanResources:QAS&sap-wd-arfc-useSys=SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata:QAS

It should be <Default System>:<Suffix of Mapped System>

Your default system is - SAP_R3_HumanResources

Mapped system is - SAP_R3_HumanResourcesQAS

So suffix of the mapped system is - QAS

Hope that explains it.

Check this doc (page 17) for more info:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3ff7eb1d...

- Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

Thank you very much for you response. I figured out that what you said should be correct. And I have requested my team to create a set of JCOs based on your comments ( not exceeding 3 Letter ).

But can you help me out on one more thing:

What If I have different clients on a same system. ie

I want a set of JCOs for ABV - client 120 and another set of JCOs for ABV -220. How to create two sets of JCOs here for the same system (ABV) with different clients (120 and 220).

Hope my question is clear.

Can you please suggest ?

Regards,

Kumar

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What If I have different clients on a same system. ie

I want a set of JCOs for ABV - client 120 and another set of JCOs for ABV -220. How to create two sets of JCOs here for the same system (ABV) with different clients (120 and 220).

You don't need to necessarily have the SID and client number in your Jco Destination names.

For Instance, you can use the suffix as follows:

ECD-120 - Development Client - Suffix is "DEV"

ECD-130 - Functional Test Client - Suffix is "TST"

So, try to come up with a 3 letter suffix to distinguish your two clients.

Hope that helps !!

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shanti,

What you said is correct. I have tested and the problem was with the number of letter which has to be limited to 3 characters only.

Regards,

kumar

Answers (0)