Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai gurus,

hav one doubt

tak for example am extracting data by using std extractor e.g 2lis_o2_pur puchasorder header,

after replicating into BI in source system menu,it wil apper in datasource appli compenet,

so now my data source structures was replicated in to BI,

i want to active the data source now,so ter need to install correspoding BI content like ipac,Transformationand DTP,to load the data

now i wan to while doing installation we supposed to install DS 2lis_o2_pur also together with it?

it its so,why?

wat are the grouping method need to follow?

plz guide me,

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you replicated datasource into BI, go into edit mode and activate it and this has to move from dev -> test ->production. To move new or changed datasource you need one transport request.

When you activated datasource it will prompt you to create transport request. then click on create button and give description for transport and it will assign you transportrequest number.

If datasource is newly installed then you need to create transformation to update data into further data targets like DSO or cube. then map the fileds and activate transformation and its DTP. While doing this also it will prompt you to create transport request. You can select already created request for all these objects. Untill you release this transport you can make any changes to you components...

Once you release the transport then these changes have to go to next enviroment to send other changes. To release transport go to SE10 -> display -> select sub transport -> click on transport button then select main transport - > click on again transport button and ask yourr basis team to move that transport to test/production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you replicate the datasource in BI, it appears in the BI system.

Now, this needs to be activated and so you'll have to create a transport request & this will be used while sending this to the next system, say Test System & then to Production. This is very much important.

As far as the other BI content is concerned, you'll have to install all the required objects.

You can use 'Data flow before & after' if you have not installed anything.

Otherwise, you can also use the option 'Necessary Objects'.