Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Information from Central System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am working on an application in which in dropdown we want to display the server lists . In our case we have a central system which works as a SLD. Now my requirement is to call a RFC from Central system which provide me the list of all servers with SLD has been configured.

After selecting the server value , I want to fetch the user information on the basis of user id on that particular server.

Can someone pls suggest me how to implement this ??

Thanks & Regards

Himani Saxena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use GENERAL_GET_APP_SERVER_NAME Function module to get the servernames not sure if it will work with SLD or not.

But I am curious if you need the server names, I think you should be looking for RFC destination names available in the central system which can be retrieved from RFCDES table.

There will be a lot of other FMs which you can use to get the RFC details once you have RFC details you can call each system with the user ID details.

You can call function modules like ISR_GET_USER_DETAILS to get the User details based on SAP IDs.. there are standard FMs in each system to read such data, if the FM is not RFC enabled then you can create a wrapper FM to get the details from destination system.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use GENERAL_GET_APP_SERVER_NAME Function module to get the servernames not sure if it will work with SLD or not.

But I am curious if you need the server names, I think you should be looking for RFC destination names available in the central system which can be retrieved from RFCDES table.

There will be a lot of other FMs which you can use to get the RFC details once you have RFC details you can call each system with the user ID details.

You can call function modules like ISR_GET_USER_DETAILS to get the User details based on SAP IDs.. there are standard FMs in each system to read such data, if the FM is not RFC enabled then you can create a wrapper FM to get the details from destination system.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for u r help. As u mentioned "RFCDES" for RFC destionation , similarly can u pls give some table name which contains all the systems list which have been connected to CUA.

Thanks

Himani