Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE30 in Background:ending in error Select either Print or Save

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am running KE30 in background, The job is getting scheduled, but Its ending up in error

'Select either "Print" or "Save" '

Can anyone please let me know, if this can be corrected .

Regards

Rudra

8 REPLIES 8

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I am running KE30 in background, The job is getting scheduled, but Its ending up in error

> 'Select either "Print" or "Save" '

Is that the actual error message?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the job status in SM37 if it is completed or cancelled. Also if it is cancelled the error can be checked in the job log.

Also try executing the same in Foreground.

hope this helps.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

When KE30 reports are executed in background, the field Print Report has to be selected for the report to get an output.

You might want to check the variant that is used to run the report as with out the checkboxPrint Report being selected it would not schedule the job.

~Sri

0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

Where I can check this button of Print report?

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Do you have standard profitability reports visible under KE30 ? You can pick one of them in foreground and try to create a variant for that.. The checkbox should be visible to you...

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am not able to see that option on selection screen..I can see inside the program that parameter is there. But I am not sure why that is not appearing in the selection screen ,either in background or in foreground.

Any pointers for the same?

Regards

Rudra

0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

I am not able to replicate it in my system to guide.. Generally while creating variants i check for invisible fields as well (Shift+F4) to show up any missing fields on the screen so that i can fill their values too to make it a comprehensive variant..

But something not showing up on the foreround screen.. looks to be a different issue with Field selections... Since you look to have ABAP background i think you must have checked all possible options from your end like field selection checks, hide options etc...

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

To add to the above, when you click Execute in Background by highlighting a report in KE30 tcode, we can see the print options..Howver if we go into the report (It gets generated) and Execute in background.... the options are not visible.. So you might want to see the report in the fvoreground right on KE30 screen and not by getting into these rpeorts.. Hope it helps..

~Sri