Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Hierarchical - multiple header lines - grouping

Hi,

I was extensively searching SDN and did not get any suitable answers, so I'm posting. Maybe I'm sure what keywords to use. This is my requirement:

I want to create a hierarchical list display.

One header and one item. However I want to change the layout programmatically, so that the header is grouped according to various fields in 4 lines. I created a simple hierarchical list display and manually changed the layout on the screen (using change layout button). I can choose maximum upto 3 header lines, hence grouping is possible upto 3 levels.

Unfortunately my requirement is to group upto 4 levels. Also my last level should contain the fields including key fields (but layout is not allowing me to move the key field to the 3rd line).

Current output:

Header: Shipmentdocno(this is key field) ShipmentType Route Carrier ShippingPoint Description Destination

Item: Shipmentdocno Delivery Customer Name1

Required output:

Header:

Line 1: Carrier

Line 2: Route

Line3: ShippingPoint

Line4: Shipmentdocno(key field) ShipmentType Description Destination

Item: Shipmentdocno Delivery Customer Name1

Note: ALV tree also does not serve my purpose as there is no provision to display both header and item text on top, with data below.

This is basically a grouping requirement and needs to be visually grouped in separate lines at header level.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question