Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Re: How to Create attachment in User decision step for the Activity Content

HI Experts,

I have scenario of adding attachment to the User decision step.

There is an activity (BUS2000126) And when i open the Activity in CRMD_ORDER there is a Questionnaires

tab under which i see the questions and Answer displayed (Radiobutton, checkbox values will be filled by user)

in the white page. And i need to attach this content in the PDF file to the User dicision step in my

workflow which i am triggering for this activity instance/guid.

I have created a step before the User decision step in my workflow to get the content of this file/data which is

available under Questionnaire tab. In the method i am reading the Activity data using CRM_ORDER_READ

and reading the ET_SURVEY into an Internal table.

I see that this internal table field SURVEYID is showing the value same as heading of the content which is

displaying under Questionnaire tab in the Activity.

There is also a field called VALUEXML and has a value :

I checked the description of this field in the structure CRMT_SURVEY_WRK and found below

Field Component type data type short description

VALUEXML CRM_SVY_DB_SVS_XML RAWSTRING 0 0 CRM Surveys: Survey Values Binary Long Object

I am assuming that my document content is available in VALUEXML field and i did the following.

I called fm SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING passing VALUEXML value into this FM assuming that my VALUEXML is in Binary format.

And then i am calling 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD'.

After doing all this i am able to see the value in the container &_ATTACH_OBJECTS&

And i am able see the link in the User decision step with the name i have provided to FM 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD'.

(Binding done for &_ATTACH_OBJECTS& between workflow and User decision step )

But, it is giving error while i am trying to open the attachment from both GUI and WEB UI.

In GUI getting the pop_up error: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Create an association in the folder options control panel.

And when i click on the Questionnaire link then it opens a New Browser in Mozilla

with the Error:XML Parsing Error: not well-formed

And when i try to open the attachment via IE 6.0, it gives pop-up to open the file with Unknown type.

Please help and guide if i am missing something. I think, i am doing something wrong in the beginning

while reading the file content. Please comment if you are aware of this scenaio.

And i am not 100% sure that, from where i need to read the document content available under Questionnaire

tab of this activity. And this is the first time i am adding attachment in the workflow step.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question