cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I open Crystal Reports, I get following message. How to avoid the message? Please let me know.

-

Invalid Printer

-

This report uses an invalid printer. The default printer will be used instead.

-

OK

-

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath Jogin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally when you create a report it takes the system default printer as default printer for a report. Based on the printer settings / page settings crystal will display the pages. When you try to open a report which is not set to your default printer it will give such warning.

You can avoide thisOpen crystal report and go in FilePage Setup check No Printer option. Once you check this option, it will not check for default printer and will not give such warnings.

Thanks,

Sastry

0 Kudos

And there are a few warning about doing that, you may not have an option to Print the report, depends on the version of CR you are using.

Another option is to set the Printer to your default printer or which ever one you want to use and save the report. Next time you open it the message won't appear.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

That clears up the problem on my PC, but when I check No Printer on our payroll admin's PC, the report goes blank.  Is there another setting I can change to get this message to stop popping up?

And I did look, it seems the default printer was already selected for printing.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer!

Answers (0)