cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Server Connection and ASP.net Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a dotnet Web Service which uses the DI Server and that runs without any problem in windows xp and windows 2003 server .

I have installer my Web Service in windows 2008 server R2 and I've configured the DCOMCONFIG for SBO_DIServer as I used to do for the other servers by adding and allowing "NETWORK SERVICE" in security (Launch and activation permission and Configuration permission)

I get the following errror while trying to call the connect function of my Web Service :

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F3D77DAE-6C14-426E-B56F-C550BDE8B09D} failed due to the following error: 80070005.

Can you please give me some help ?

Best Regards

BOUKHRIS Abderrahim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try these threads:

Might be the DCOM settings are different on server 2008?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer I tried different actions but i have alwas the same problem and IIS 7.5 is completly différent than the old one .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue in with iis7, where I wasn't even getting an error as clear as yours & it took me a long time to figure out what was causing it.

Finally, by using http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 I was able to discover that what was actually happening was that my IIS_USRS group didn't have permission to one of the folders within it's on app-pool!

I'm not saying that is your issue, but the tool is very useful for seeing what exactly is happening - you will be able to see which user is trying to access the DLL when the error message is thrown. Probably with new windows version it isn't NETWORK SERVICE and thats probably where the issue comes from.

Best of luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Problem solved I have just configured the SBO_DISERVER on the DCOMFCNG for the user IIS_IUSRS and it works

Thank you !

Abderrahim

martin_fodor
Explorer
0 Kudos

This one solved my issue...

Thank you.

Martin