cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Location Structure Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

the navigation in my new function location structure is very slow. If i expand a function location, it takes about a minute to show up the items.

Is it maybe a problem of the customizing or a sap bug?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the structure is very large it can take some time to expand the full structure. An option is to limit what is exploded at one time. Only expand each level if you need to see further details. In IH01 this can be achieved by setting the 'levels below' to just 1 or 2.

Also in customizing, set 'level-by-level' to read structure one level at a time.

Plant maintenance and customer service

Master data in plant maintenance and customer service

Technical objects

General data

> >Define selection procedure for structural display and BOMs

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

My "levels below" is set with 1. I only want to expand one level. I have not more than 1000 elements.

I have no problems In the development system, only in the production system. But the PS has the better engine. Thats why its strange for me.

The IMG-Setting was successful, but i dont like it, because the last level of the equipments have also a expand note in front.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There may be a issue with a particular table or view. Your database people may be able to help with a SQL trace.

Verify that statistics are updated for tables IFLOS, IFLOT, EQUI, EQUZ, EQKT and ILOA.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know why, but my problem is solved. Everything works fine, even though i have done nothing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this issue is there for all functional locations,

This could be System Performance issue. Please check with your Basis people.

If this is for specific FL, then something would be wrong in master data or config or hierarchy.

[Useful Link|;

Regards,

Maheswaran.