cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose I hv a material.I hv activated Inspection type 04 & 08 in the material master.With those inspection type i hv specified

usage as 5(Good Reciept) in SPRO.I hv created Inspection plan with usage 5.But it will be common for GR from production

& Stock Transfer.If my inspection characteristics become different for those two how to distinguish through inspection plan?

Otherwise for both two same plan will pick up...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

What you have mentioned is correct. In case of same usage system picks same plan irrespective of inspection type.

If your inspection plan varies as per inspection type, I would suggest to customize new usage (Say Z5)for 08 inspection type. Assign this Z5 to inspection type 08 in QCC0. Then create new inspection plan with this new usage.

Regards

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a side note, because of existing data and multuple plants in the system, you might not be able to change the usage of say the 08 inspection type. If you did, it would mean that ALL your inspection plans for all your materials would have to be duplicated with two plans for each material, one for each usage. Otherwise, 08 inspection lots wouldn't find any plans.

If the need to have different characteristics is only for a small subset of materials, you might want to create a new inspection type like 0810. Then make the usage for 0810 different. For those materials needing a different plan, activate and mark as preferred the 0810 inspection type instead of the 08 inspection type. The 0810 inspection type will then use the different plan usage and hence, different plans. This allows you to only have to change over those materials that have different requirements. Not all of the materials.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the inspection plans with same usage, system will not release the inspection lot & will remain in CRTD state. U need to distinguish these two by the 'Group' & counter for the material & plant combination. You need to release the inspection lot in QA02 by slecting the correct inspection plan.

Sachin