Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QAAWS Log in Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the following error when trying to log into QAAWS query designer:-

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I'm trying to get this working on a virtual workstation, version 3.1 base install. My host is set up correctly, as the same config works on my desktop machine.

e.g.

http://xxxxxxxdev:8080/dswsbobje/services/Session

I'm using Windows AD in conjunction with SAP authentication. I have installed the SAP GUI and the integration kit.

When I click details, QAAWs credentials dialog, I do not have any language in the drop down, even though I installed English (required). I believe this could be the cause of the error.

It should be noted that all works well with Live Office and I can authenticate and connect to BW, via a Live Office query. Designer also connects to BW successfully.

Other people have experienced this error, but I have seen no resolution.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by: Mr Mark on May 27, 2011 11:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was getting this error in another tool (BPC) and it turned out to be missing objects in the database.

In the universe that you're connecting to, go to View > Refresh, which will add/remove any new/old objects to/from the universe. Perhaps you're using one of these in QaaWS.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for the reposnse.

Its quite a generic error to be fair.

Due to this:-

*as the same config works on my desktop machine. *

I don't believe that this is the issue.

Also, I'm not trying to connect to a universe at this point, I'm purely trying to log in.

Cheers,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm. Stab in the dark # 2.

What .NET version do you have on the virtual machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have the following .net components installed:-

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0.3705

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Cheers,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure exactly what version(s) are required, check this against the other machine you have where QaaWS is working.

I couldn't find a doc with required components for a QaaWS install, you may be able to. Otherwise, after checking the .NET, have a look at the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installs. That is, make sure they're the same on both machines.

DG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this David. It has given me a few more things to look at. As far as I'm aware there is just a need for minimum .net install, which, I believe, is 1.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going to provide my own answer to this, as I searched here and the web prior to posting and couldn't find an answer.

This was, in my case, due to having VM Workstation Admin rights, one minute, then mysteriously and unknowingly taken away - which messed up my installs.....grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

QAAWs requires admin rights for QAAWS to install correctly, in my experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Did you find a solution for this?

I'm facing the same issue on Windows 8

Answers (0)