cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material availability check by pm order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I customized material availability check so, ckeck material availability when saving order.

But it doesn't work when i save the order.Every time it gives like a message "all checked materials in order are available"

although there isn't an enough material in storage location.

Regards,

Aktolga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the order released?

If the material requirement is set to 'from release', the component is not considered to be MRP relevant until the order is released. To get a material check on such a component it is necessary to release the order or adjust the setting to 'immediately'.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't set it to 'immediately' because according to our process maitenance employers creat a order and maintenance engineers relaese it.

I want it so that the maintenance employers couldnt save the order when it has a missing part.

Is there other way to do it with material requirement is set to 'from release' ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the almost similar requirement.

In case of missing parts, Maintenance people will do the temporary fixing, so that once stock (required component) available, they will complete the actual work.

But its not advisable to restrict the users from creating order in case of material non-availability.

Also you cant restrict the saving, you can control the release of orders. In case of Material unavailability, you can create sub-order automatically from main order.

This is what I configured. If possible, try to convince your client.

But Maintenance people cant stop their activity only because of unavailability of component. Either they will do immediate purchase or they should do reorder point planning.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the setting is 'from release' then MRP is not relevant until the order is released. Checking material availability before release will indicate that there is no shortage.

There is a workaround described in note [1148139|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1148139]. This involves temporarily changing the setting to 'immediately' then perform a material check. The results will show material availability - then exit the order without saving.

The system provides the following workaround:

After you change the indicator for materials planning-relevance to "immediately" you can execute the availability check as required. You must not save the order or network.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am facing the same requirement now. Work Order can not be created in when it has missing parts. The same with aktolga, i must not adjust the setting to 'immediately'.

I have applied SAP Notes no 1148139 on my system (SAP ECC 6 Ehp5), but it doesn't work. Work Order can still be created whether it has missing parts.

Really appreciate any advice from you.

Thank you

-amoonra-

Answers (0)